Borna Sosa reveals preliminary agreement with VfB Stuttgart on his future
Speaking to Stuttgarter Zeitung, Borna Sosa has revealed there is an agreement with VfB Stuttgart over his future in the summer.
When asked about his future this summer, Sosa said: “We have remained in such a way that I continue to give everything for VfB and, if necessary, we will look for a solution in the summer.” Bayer Leverkusen had a bid rejected for Sosa in January as they looked to boost their left-back options.
Sosa has also stated his desire to play Champions League football. When asked about this goal, Sosa said: “For me, it is a goal to eventually switch to a club that has these ambitions permanently.” The left-back has previously stated that he would also like to play in the Premier League one day as well.
This season, Sosa has played 18 times for Stuttgart scoring twice and assisting nine times. The 25-year-old has struggled with injuries since the World Cup break but is beginning to find his form again as Stuttgart battle relegation. VfB are currently 16th in the table after drawing 1-1 with Eintracht Frankfurt on Saturday.
Sosa joined Stuttgart in 2018 from Dinamo Zagreb for €6 million and he currently has a contract at Stuttgart until 2025.
GGFN | Jack Meenan